The safety and security of our students, faculty and staff, alumni and guests is of great importance to Cornell University. The following security measures will be in effect throughout Homecoming Weekend ceremonies and events. We thank you in advance for your cooperation with these important precautions.
The following items and activities are PROHIBITED in Schoellkopf Stadium:
- Firearms or weapons of any kind;
- Any knife with a fixed blade or a blade larger than 4 inches;
- Fireworks or other explosive material;
- Hard coolers or coolers/bags on wheels;
- Pets (Service dogs will be permitted);
- Mace, pepper spray, or similar substances;
- Glass containers, unless necessary for baby formula or medication.
Homecoming Weekend enhanced security procedures are as follows:
- Cornell University Police and professional security personnel will monitor all entry points to Schoellkopf Stadium during Homecoming weekend.
- All bags and persons will be subject to screening when entering Schoellkopf Stadium.
- Please consider the appearance of some objects, such as key ring tools/accessories, and leave anything that could be perceived as dangerous at home or in your hotel room. We are not able to provide a storage area for these items; prohibited items listed above will be removed and not returned.
- Unruly, disruptive or illegal behavior is prohibited. Any guest who acts in an unsafe manner, presenting hazard or risk to persons or property, may be subject to ejection, revocation of future venue privileges, and arrest and prosecution in accordance with New York state and local laws and ordinances.
- Explosive detection dogs from the Cornell University Police will sweep specific venues and open areas, including checkpoint areas.
Anyone who sees anything suspicious should immediately contact the Cornell University Police at 607-255-1111.
For our visitors…
Your safety is a top priority, and we want to ensure that you have every available tool to keep you informed about emergency situations that may occur on campus. While here, you can sign up to receive text notifications in the event of an imminent threat to the campus community. CornellALERT messages may be sent for natural incidents such as a tornado or other dangerous weather, unnatural events such as an explosive device or active shooter, or if the University changes its operating status due to an emergency or weather event.
To enroll your cellphone to receive text messages, text “CornellVisitor” to 226787.
On August 1st of each year, there will be a system generated “stop” at which point you will need to re-enroll. You can stop receiving messages at any time by texting “stop” to 226787.