Commencement Weekend Safety and Security
The safety and security of all graduates and their guests is of great importance to Cornell University. The following security measures will be in effect May 26-28 throughout Commencement Weekend ceremonies and events. We thank you in advance for your cooperation with these important precautions.
The following items and activities are PROHIBITED in Schoellkopf Stadium:
- Firearms or weapons of any kind;
- Any knife with a fixed blade or a blade larger than 4 inches;
- Fireworks or other explosive material;
- Hard coolers or coolers/bags on wheels;
- Pets (Service dogs will be permitted);
- Mace, pepper spray, or similar substances;
- Glass containers, unless necessary for baby formula or medication.
Commencement Weekend enhanced security procedures are as follows:
- Cornell University Police and professional security personnel will monitor all entry points to Schoellkopf Stadium during Convocation and Commencement ceremonies.
- All bags and persons will be subject to screening when entering Schoellkopf Stadium.
- Please consider the appearance of some objects, such as key ring tools/accessories, and leave anything that could be perceived as dangerous at home or in your hotel room. We are not able to provide a storage area for these items; prohibited items listed above will be removed and not returned.
- Unruly, disruptive or illegal behavior is prohibited. Any guest who acts in an unsafe manner, presenting hazard or risk to persons or property, may be subject to ejection, revocation of future venue privileges, and arrest and prosecution in accordance with New York state and local laws and ordinances.
- Explosive detection dogs from the Cornell University Police will sweep specific venues and open areas, including checkpoint areas.
Anyone who sees anything suspicious should immediately contact the Cornell University Police at 607-255-1111.